Sunday, July 25, 2010

Taking the Tag Challenge...

I was reading one of my 'fave-blogs'---The Rainy Day Wanderer and decided that this little
Q&A might be fun....so here goes.....

When was the last time you saw someone attractive?
I see, at least, ONE of my children every day...I think they are very attractive.
Where's your phone right now?
On the table beside my chair.
Do you have any plans for the weekend?
My usual "me day" Saturday...and it's 'family Sunday' this week.
Has someone ever made you a promise and broken it?
Yes.
Last movie/DVD watched?
Ab Fab
Does anything hurt on your body?
I think I'm good today...hand's still a little sore.
How are you?
I’m excited about all the paintings I got done last week!!
Are you excited for next year?
I've got a lot of 'exciting' things coming up in the Fall...for me anyway...and I look forward to those first.
Is your room clean?
Which room??? That would be a 'no'.
How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two little ones...and three big ones....but two of the big ones are more like a 'head board'...even though I do have a head board.  I'm not quite five feet tall..and I like for my 'toes' to hang over the foot of the bed, so I 'squooch' myself up to the pillow 'head board' while still being able to 'hang ten' over the foot of the bed.

What are you doing?
Reading blogs...writing this...getting ready to take a long bath.
I bet you miss somebody right now?
The LOVE of my life...I miss him everyday!!
What are you planning on doing after this?
A long relaxing bath.

Have you ever read an entire book in one day?
In my younger days.
Who did you push last?
As in...'push to be the best they can be'....my children. And a couple of the older grandbabies.
Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
my son Patrick.
Do you own any band t-shirts?
No...but I have one that says 'Harley Davidson'...does that count??
What does your hair look like right now?
Like I'm trying out for the part of 'Elphaba' in Wicked!
Has anyone ever told you that you were their best friend?
My dear husband.
Did you get hurt today?
Not yet...but the day isn't over yet.
When was the last time you felt upset?
At some point this last week....probably more than once.
What are you looking forward to?
Wow...I'm looking forward to many things...the upcoming Art/Craft Season...I've got my youngest grandbabies for two weeks in August...lots..really!

Do you currently want something?
My own car...and my own house would also be great!!
What was the last thing you had to drink?
Chamomile Tea
Who was the last person you said "i love you" to?
My children...I tell them whenever I talk to them..or see them.
Where are you?
in my recliner in my living room…
Do you like to walk in the rain?sometimes
Do you like looking up at the stars?
I do...but I don't do it very often these days.
Do you think you are a nice person?
I try to be...but I guess that would be a question for others to answer.
Do you like swimming?
These days...not so much...but I used to love to go..even though I never learned how to swim.
Have you ever swam in the ocean?

I have...both coasts!
 Do you go to school?
Not for a very long time.
Do you want to go to college?
No...I really don't.
What do you want to be?
The best that I can possibly be...at whatever I do!
Do you want have kids?
Six of them....and add to that...nine grandchildren.
Do you like going to the beach?
I live in the Midwest..so not so many beaches here.  I think I'd have to pass, as I get older the heat and sun are becoming a little less friendly.
Who is the last person you went to the mall with?
My daughters.
Have you ever had any x-rays?
Yes...
Who do you hate right now?
I'm not a 'hater'...so no one.
Who is the last person you yelled at?
One of my children...but it's been a while!
Who was the last to cook you food?
Applebees.
Are you in a complicated relationship?
No...
What did you do 2 nights ago?
Painted some new paintings.
Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
My youngest daughter Jaime…
Does a hug make you feel better?
It does...
How long ago did you hug someone?
today, my son Patrick always gives me hug when he leaves the house or heads for bed.
Anything good happening tomorrow?
I hope so...
Have you kissed more than ten people this year?
Kids and grandkids.
Do you have unlimited texting?
I don't text....not sure how.
Will you keep your last name when you get married?
It's part of my 'signature' with my art...but I much prefer my married name...though it's much harder to pronounce until you 'sound' it out for people.

You have to get a piercing, so what do you get?
This is a 'tricky one' for me...I'm a little 'funny' when told I "have" to do something...generally that is a 'deal breaker' for me.
Have you ever felt like someone of the opposite sex truly cared about you?
My dear husband...we were truly 'life-mates/soul-mates'.
Who was the last friend you got into a big argument with?
Oh my gosh...that would have been so long ago that I can't even remember.
Your phone is ringing. It's the person you fell hardest for, what do you say?
If that were possible....I would be 'speechless'.
Will you be in a relationship in the next couple months?
Only with my kids and grandkids.
Did you have any unread text messages when you woke up today?
No...I don't have text messaging.
Do you want to see somebody right now?
The LOVE of my life!
Do you think two people can last forever?
I KNOW this for fact.
When was the last time you had a late night phone call?
A couple days ago...my son, saying he would be later than he thought.
If you could move somewhere else, would you?
No
Would you be able to date someone who doesn't make you laugh?
My dating days are long behind me.
Has anyone ever sang to you?
My dear..dear Husband...he even wrote a song about me. I still have it on tape.
When was the last time you bit someone?
I don’t bite!
Do you think you can love someone without trusting them?
I'm a pretty trusting person...maybe too trusting.
Is there someone who you can spend every minute with and be happy?
My husband and I spent so much time together...we worked side by side for many years...and we were very happy!
Last person to make you smile?
My youngest grandbabies...they make me smile quite often.
Have you ever wasted too much time on a certain boy?
I can't remember that far back:)
How was last night?
Busy...I've been working late nights all week.
If you're being extremely quiet, what does it mean?

I'm probably tired...or worried about something.
Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
I HAVE hit rock bottom….more than once!
Do you have trust issues?
Not really....sometimes this comes back to 'bite me'.
I remember shortly after my husband passed away...a gal showed up at my front door at 4:00 in the morning...saying she was desperately trying to find someone to help her get up the money to get her baby's prescription filled.  I gave her some money.  Five visits (and $150.00) later, I finally "figured" out that I was being 'played'.
Was this a good weekend?
I truly enjoyed my Saturday...and the family is coming over...and we'll cook some burgers and hot dogs on the grill later...I think it will be a good weekend.
Were you happy when you woke up today?
I think so....mostly I was tired.

2 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Some of your answers were so lovely...I bet tooth decay broke out like the plague whenever you and your husband were out together-you sound so sweet together. I'm happy that you have lots of family to surround you with their love and I'm hoping that your hand is very nearly all better...? Your pillow response made me laugh out loud, btw. I can just picture it in my head, :P Take care and have a great week!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Loved hearing more about you, the pillow answer made me laugh. I love to have pillows wedged all around me and I completely get the end of the bed thing. :0)