Friday, July 2, 2010

Our "mini-vacation" plans fell through.


My husband and I seldom made plans too far ahead
of time...
it seemed there were too many variables
that might come into play to solidify anything that
required an RSVP.
Mostly...we 'played it by ear'...
if we could...we did...
if not ...well, we tried not to
make promises we might not be able to keep.

So...for several months...I've been telling
my sister-in-law
that my family would be driving up
for the family get-together over the 4th of July.
And...we were all looking forward to it...soooo much!

Well...I guess not....
First off...this past Saturday...
a gal, who wasn't paying attention...
plowed into my son-in-law as
he was driving along...
minding his own business.
The insurance company says they will probably
'total' the car.

That's one car down...
Then, on Monday...my son calls to tell
me that they couldn't make the trip...
problems with the van
that won't be resolved by the week-end.

That's two cars down...

Well...we can't possibly transport everybody in
one car...so..
'maybe next year'.

Since everyone's spirits were so low...
Jaime suggested we go to the lake again...we had so much
fun this past week-end.
Now...we know it will be really crowded 
this time...it being the 4th and all...
but I plan to fry some chicken,
make some potato salad and baked beans...
and have someone grab a watermelon..
and maybe some 'smore fixings...
and I think
we can salvage, at least part, of the week-end
and still have some fun.




4 comments:

Creepie Cuties said...

Oh wow that sucks, I am so sorry to hear that. Maybe it was meant to be though, you know. What if that was a sign not to go because something could of happened.

Well have fun which I am sure you will with the family around.

BlacknickSculpture said...

Sorry to hear of the auto mishaps. But your lakeside picnic idea sounds grand! Have fun and save me a drumstick! ;)

Kathryn Dyche said...

What a shame. I hope your son-in-law is ok and that you have a fantastic 4th of July anyway.

The Words Crafter said...

That really stinks, but I'm glad everyone is okay. I hope all the vehicles get repaired/replaced quickly-I know what a bind that can cause. Still, sounds like you've got some serious goodies for a picnic, and at a place where you all had fun, so I hope it turns out better than you imagine. Happy and safe fourth!