Thursday, July 15, 2010

Portable Art -- Checkbook Covers



My son brought a roll of canvas with him
when he moved back 'home'...
so...it's just been sitting there...for over a year now...
and after all the trials...errors...experiments...etc..
I finally got into the canvas and started making
'portable art' covers...
for checkbooks...
journals...etc.

They do take a bit to do...but I'm really liking
how they are turning out.

I was hoping to have a dozen or so of these 
listed by the week-end...
now it will depend on how well the Advil
works...

I was pouring boiling hot water into a container
and poured it right on my left hand...
it burns like fire...
I can't believe I did that...
I guess that's what I get for trying to do too many things
at once.

So...my being in such a hurry to get back
to my painting...I ended up actually slowing myself down.
I had to sit around all yesterday afternoon
with a cold pack covering my hand..
smearing antibiotic ointment and aloe gel all over it
every couple of hours.

Needless to say...all the plans I had to get all sorts
of things painted..
will still happen...
just at a much slower pace.

4 comments:

Aubrie said...

Very pretty checkbook covers!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Those look great, hope your hand feels better soon. Take care of you.

ArtformTheHeart* said...

Another wonderful idea!! And I really hope you hand feel better soon - don't worry, we all do daft things like that from time to time. My worst ever was when I was making silver jewellery, I picked up a piece of silver with my bare fingers right after annealing it! Ouchie!!

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

My hand is doing better...does look ugly but at least I can use my fingers again:)