Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'll be Doing Some Abstracts...


I had Jaime add some extra 16 x 20s to her
latest canvas order...
I decided I 'really' NEED to do some abstract paintings.

I find these are such great 'therapy' for me
and I haven't painted an abstract since...
well..heck...I don't really remember.
I'd have to go through my EBSQ Portfolio to see the last
time I did an abstract painting.

This piece was painted especially for the
2008
Art for Aids Auction
held in Chicago in February of 2008....and it was one of
the last abstracts I painted.

Soooo...I'm going to do a couple...
and..while they won't really "go" with my Rustic Goth art...
I'm going to list them there anyway.

Hopefully later this week or early next week.

7 comments:

KatHreN said...

cant wait to see it.....have fun!!!!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Sounds like fun, love the red piece you featured above.

Anonymous said...

The red painting is cool, you should definitely do more.

cArLa said...

great job! i love it!

The Words Crafter said...

Love that shade of red. Very curious about what you'll come up with. No doubt it will be fabulous!

Moon Art Design said...

Nice. I love abstract painting!!! it's so much fun!
Keep it up!

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Well...my poor burnt hand slowed my plans for this week.
I'm just happy I was able to do 10 checkbook covers..even with the hand.
So..hopefully..NEXT week I'll be able to do a couple of abstract paintings...I've been wanting to for a while now!