Sunday, December 11, 2011

Change gonna Come...

"Change gonna come"
to my Rustic Goth Etsy Shop.

I have stressed about this for several weeks now...
what to do with my Etsy Shop?
Should I keep the Shop name...Rustic Goth...or
change it to something else?
Should I clear everything out and start brand new?

What to do...what to do?

So...
I've decided I'm keeping the Shop Name...
I guess I'm rather 'attached' to it...
but
most of what I currently offer
is 'going away'.
At least it's going away from my
Etsy Shop.

I'll be moving my Melancholy Girls, Steampunks,
and Zodiac Girls
to my Rustic Goth Zibbet Shop.
Currently I have a 50 item max in that shop,
so I'll have to pick and choose
which pieces to offer.
(If that site picks up, I'll pay for the premium account
and list more...but I have to see what happens
before I commit to paying a monthly premium.)

My whimsical art prints and creeper prints
are going to find a home in my
Bonanza Shop.

Wearable art and handpainted art covers
will be discontinued after the Holidays...
and I won't be doing those on any of the sites.
I've already done away with the bookmarks...and don't think
I'll be offering them anywhere in the future.

I'm going back to 'basics'.
In my 'eBay' days I made a dandy little living
from my abstracts, tree art paintings...etc.
so I've decided to get back to what used to work.

I'll keep a handful of my signature character and fairytale paintings...
in my Etsy Shop...
I just won't be doing new character pieces as often.

I'm still not fully committed on what prints I'll offer
in my Etsy Shop yet...
and I won't be making the drastic changes all at once.
(I don't want to have an empty shop...
though,
I wished I could afford to take a month long vacation
and reopen with all new stuff...)

((...in a perfect world))

Anyway...change gonna come to my Shop
and my Art in 2012
and I am rather excited about them!

2 comments:

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

I commend you. Even though I love your character paintings I can understand wanting to get back to what sells. In this economy we all must make a living. But at least you may be able to get really good prices for your character paintings if they are rare. :)
Here's hoping for the best for you.

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Thank you Kelly.
I think I've tried to hold on to these characters and creations that are so dear to me...for personal reasons. Unfortunately, it doesn't always pay the bills and I just can't keep going further backwards...so hopefully my decisions will end up paying off in the long run:)