Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Shipping Debacle


I 'think' I'm finally through the latest Shipping Nightmare....
I won't breathe any sighs of relief until the packages actually reach
their destination though.

Losing my computer as long as I did...during a 50% Off Sale....ended up
biting me in the 'behind'.

Jaime did my correspondence and listings for me...but I really couldn't
put all the shipping off on her too...and because I did think my computer
would be fixed much sooner than it was...I figured everything would be fine.
Boy..was I wrong!
I was so backed up on shipping that I thought it would be
easier to ship packages directly from the Post Office.
Just print some address labels
take the packages to the Post Office
pay for them and send them on their way.

I even enlisted the help of a couple of my kids
to haul the packages for me.
Well....I sent a batch with my son, on a day that
he could run them by the post office on his way to school.
On his way...he popped into the University Bookstore
and discovered they had a little Post 'office' in the Store...
 he decided to ship the packages from there and save some time.

Well...long story short...I started getting convos from folks wondering
where their packages were.
I discovered that all of these packages had been shipped from the
University Bookstore.

Patrick went by to find out what was going on..
they said they mailed them out...
several days later he gets a phone call..
The packages had been placed back inside the bag he carried
them there in...and were 'found' under the counter...
"did he still want them mailed out?"

What??!!!!

Oh my gosh...are you kidding me???

So...the packages are finally enroute...at least I HOPE they are...
and Lesson Learned...
I will no longer ship from the Bookstore...
and I probably won't ask anyone else to run my packages...
if they need to go to the post office...
(i.e.---International First Class packages)...
I'll take them myself...on Saturdays.

Everything else is going to get shipped via My House
through Postal Pick UP...
I don't think my Carrier 'appreciates' my scheduled pick ups...
which was one of the reasons I opted to send them from the Post Office...
but..
oh well...
I have to do what is best for my business !

3 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Oh what a nightmare . . . you must have been pulling your hair out. Hope you find a great shipping solution that's worry and stress free.

The Words Crafter said...

Ooohhh myyyyy gooosssshhhh! Don't you just want to shake some people?!!! Stamp a "DUH!!!" sign on their head? Incredible.

I do hope it all gets worked out and doesn't affect your business. Although, it's great that you have all those orders....

I think we should all get together and make an organized list for Santa this Christmas....don't you?

I hope the rest of your week goes really well and uneventful....

BlacknickSculpture said...

Sorry to hear of your shipping foul up ;( I think your right about mailing out your art yourself on Sat.

Another lesson I learned was never trust anyone to pick up your artwork after a show.