Sunday, August 8, 2010

I've Got a 'Plan'


Having the kids for the next two weeks...presents a 'challenge' of sorts.
I've put many things on the 'back burner' ...
since I have to have the daylight hours to work on
actual paintings...
(my eyesight isn't what it used to be)
and I'm not brave enough to try this
with curious little fingers hovering close by.

During one of the visits with my husband's brother...
he was chuckling about watching my husband and I...
back in the day...
painting and assembling clocks that we made and sold
on Military bases in the Midwest.

"You used to sit there and paint with a baby in one hand
and a paintbrush in the other."

And...I did.

But..I'm older...and probably a little less patient these days...
so I've got a plan...so that I can work 'after hours'.

I've painted several backgrounds for some check covers...
a large journal and a small journal.
I'll sketch out the subjects on those and paint them
after the kids go home.
I won't get as much done...but it will keep things going.

I like to try to list 'something' new...at least once a week'
in my Shop.
So this way, I should be able to do watch the kids and still list something
new over the next two weeks.

If that doesn't work...I'll do some new digital pieces.
I can work on those later at night...since it's all computer work.
I'm just 'bound and determined' to make sure
I have some new pieces to list!

Course...I still have my Joey the Bat piece that I am working on...
I've got a background painted...but I'm thinking I might want
to wait and get some different canvas...
we'll see.


3 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Okay, I need you to bottle all that energy and determination and organization and send me some. Better yet, sell it and get rich!

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

We'll see how much energy I actually have after the first couple of days. If I "make it" through these 2 weeks and actually get some work done...I'll be really stoked!

Kathryn Dyche said...

I wish I had half your energy. Have fun with the grandkids and I'm sure with your determination you'll get a lot accomplished even while they're with you. Have fun and enjoy.