Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thinking Positive


I am one who does believe in the 
'laws of attraction'
for one thing...
I've seen it 'in action'.

Now...I'm not a 'positive' person by nature...
so I do tend to attract more
negatives than I care to.
My daughter...on the other hand...
is a positive person..
(she got that from her dad)
and she attracts more positives than negatives.

That is really the only 'proof' I need to 'convince' me.
Now I am 'working' on trying to be more positive...
but I do have a difficult time 'convincing myself' that I am 
positive...when 'deeper down'...I'm feeling a bit negative.
I've always had a hard time 'pretending'.

So it leads me to the point of this post...
I do try very hard not to purposely call 'negatives'
into my life...
and I wondered if..by thinking,
"I'd better get some internet work done...
in case I'm without internet for a week"
that I would end up ...without internet for week...
instead of a few hours. 

My rationalization of this thinking is...
'preparedness'.

"Just 'in case' I'm without internet for a week...best to get as much
internet work done as possible."
I even went so far as to print out shipping labels for prints that
haven't been printed yet.

Mostly I think...I just don't want to fall too far behind...
"just in case".
I believe this is just another way of...
'thinking positive'.

5 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I'm still shaking my head. I'm the negative person, my husband the positive one. He says I expect the worst case scenarios...it's true. Thoughts are powerful-you're right there. I love the pic you chose for this...and I think being prepared is a positive thing. When (not if) your cable is out for only a bit, you will be so far ahead you'll have time to actually breathe! Hope your "me" day isn't completely work & your family day is great!

Aubrie said...

Thinking positive thoughts really does help. I try to caught myself when a negative thought comes in because it likes to sit in my brain and fester!

BlacknickSculpture said...

I think a good balance would be positive thinking but with a healthy dose of preparedness.

Kathryn Dyche said...

I'm definitely a 'glass half empty' kind of woman while my husband is more of the 'half fully' variety. I like the idea of it being preparedness rather than negative thinking.

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Oh...I've always been the 'negative Nelly'.
My husband was always soooo positive..even in the darkest moments.

Luckily several of our children have acquired more of their dad's positivity..rather than my negativity...and it works well for them.
I'm still 'learning'...