Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm Amazed...






I know that I complain a lot about my computer
and all the problems the poor thing has...
in it's defense..
it's totally overworked
and not exactly 'new'.

After thinking about it...though...
I'm actually amazed.

I grew up in the middle of the last century...
heck...
I remember when the transistor pocket radio first came out
and how amazed I was that that tiny...portable little radio...could
operate without a plug...etc...etc...

I've always been amazed by radio and TV...
the internet is a whole 'nother matter...
wow...

I've just got to give kudos to those pioneers
who came up with all these wonderful things
that have made our lives so much easier...

2 comments:

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

I agree. I was just thinking the other day about having to type reports while I was in high school. On my old typewriter, with lots of white out, and tracing paper between two sheets so I would have two copies. No microsoft word, no spell check, no saving the programs, or backspacing. :(

The Words Crafter said...

Funny, some of us were talking about this at work the other day. And a whole generation is growing up without ever knowing life without computers, internet, cell phones, video games.....creative thinking....

We just figured out that our recent issues with the internet are because of our router. Sigh....

I really hope that you can get all new equipment....sooner than you expect!