Friday, February 17, 2012

Battling the Demons






I think I have 'battled demons' most of my life.
My 'demons' aren't the typical...
alcohol..drugs..etc
they come from places that are buried deep within.
And they are very insidious little creatures.

Mostly they create a lot of self doubt and fear...
fear of failure...fear of success...
fear of not being excepted..
fear of no one liking my art...
fear of a lack of inspiration...
fear of (well...you name it)...and I seem to have it.

So...
I've been on a journey for a very long time
to try to come to terms with these fears so that I can overcome them.

It was easier while my husband was alive...
he was the positive light in my life
and the fears didn't seem to overwhelm me as much.

But...the light went out when he passed away...


I was in a very dark place for such a long time...
I never want to experience that again!

Somehow...I can't even tell you how...I managed to keep
painting
and I was able to squeak out a living...
I think out of sheer routine.

I'm finally out of that dark place and I've become strong
enough to battle the rest of the demons
that have plagued me for far too long.

A few months ago my sister talked me into trying
Visalus products and I must admit...
they are good.
I couldn't believe how good the shakes taste
and the energy I got after just a couple of days on
the vitamins was unbelievable.

So...score one for that battle...I'm feeling better
than I have in many years...
and more energy means I can get so much more done.

I watched 'The Secret' right after it came out...
not too long after losing my husband...
maybe it helped...
I don't know for sure.
But...I did think there was something to be said
about
Laws of Attraction...
for heaven's sake...I was attracting so much negative into
my life with all of my negative thoughts and actions.

Who knows..???

But...I still try to read or do something positive everyday...especially
since I have all this spare energy on my hands...
and in my readings
I ran across this gal that said something that made sense to me.

I've always been 'poor'...pretty much all my life...
and most of my demons have had something to do with finances...
so I read some of the stuff that she wrote and watched
a couple of her videos...
and it made such an impact on me that I just had to write about it.

Normally I'm a very private person...fearing that I might come off
as sounding 'stupid' if I write something others
aren't interested in...or just 'don't buy'...
but
in the spirit of facing my fears head on...
here I am
writing...in spite of myself.

Anyway...this is just my little testimonial..
a little 'insight' into the person behind the art...and the sweet little dog, Skittles...
and for anyone who is interested...
(there's nothing in it for me...but the good feelings that this link
might help someone else)
here is a link to that gal's site...
Morganna Rae.

Now...I'm posting this before I have a chance to change my mind.


 


1 comment:

BlacknickSculpture said...

Very enjoyable post Charlene! Its interesting to learn about the person behind the great artwork.