Monday, November 26, 2007

I met someone who is Very Special...

I have to confess that I am not as extroverted as I would like to be. I left the corporate world of insurance in 2004, and since then I have become quite introverted.

Partly because of my husband's illness and the year we spent fighting his cancer..and losing.
Partly because, I really don't leave my house very much anymore.
And, partly because...well, I'm not sure why...I just don't have as many 'opinions' as I used to have...so I guess I've become somewhat boring.

Now, I have met a very special person on Etsy. She is a collector...but, most important..she is a kind and considerate person who has offered words of encouragement and all of the help that she can, to further our work in this world. How special is that??!!!!

I wished I were as extroverted as our dear new friend...perhaps I worry too much about rejection...maybe..???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am honored to be that special person...you too are a very special person!!!!

I have learned that being positive allows good things to happen. Life is what we make of it. I am an introvert to a degree (more so than I want to be), but being an extrovert is not very easy for me. You make it easy.

You have nothing to be afraid of...your kindness, heart of gold, me, and most importantly your family will get you through the rough times.

Starting over is very hard. The loss you have is nothing small and from everything I read between you and the kids, you deserve to grieve and take as much time to get through it. He was your world and no one get take that away. But he also would have wanted you to smile again and do what makes you happy.

In the short time I have known you, I never would have guessed you to be an introvert. Your convos and blog give me something to look forward to each day. Your art gives me encouragement that we all have something special to offer, no matter who we are or where we are.

You my friend will shine again when the time is right for you. I encourage you to go to a coffee shop or find local artist to make yourself go out of the house. Trust me...easier said than done.

I will never, never stop cheering for you, because you have found a place in my heart and only a few have been allowed in. You really are my ray of sunshine.

My life is turned upside down right now, but I have to keep going on because there is a whole world out there and though we have our bad days, the good will outweigh the bad.

To my friend, I am sending you my smile because you have earned it today and everyday.

Tina