Thursday, October 11, 2007

If You Leave....


This painting ...'If You Leave...What Will I Do'-----is yet another in the "Paradise Lost" series.
I received so many 'hand-outs'...booklets...and many letters on 'How to Cope with the Loss of a Loved One'.
I didn't open any of them...I honestly did not want to be told how I should be feeling. I knew how I felt and certainly did not want any advice on what I needed to do about those feelings.
Painting this particular series...at least for the time being...has done more to help me 'deal' with my feelings than anything else.
In this painting...the subject is watching the balloon...with her suitcase close at hand. I don't know where she is going...or if she is going anywhere at all...it was just how I was feeling at the moment.
-----------------------
This painting has sold.

No comments: