Monday, October 8, 2007

59 Balloons


I find that I have difficulty 'telling the story behind the painting' when confined to a listing format. It seems that I can't really 'be myself...or something.
This is the first painting in a series I have titled "Paradise Lost". It is a series dedicated to the long process of healing. My own healing.
It is too difficult to lose someone you love...being together for more than thirty years. And the healing...even after a year it sometimes seems impossible.
So..I take the words of advice he gave to me..."paint your emotions".
Thus...the series..."Paradise Lost".
"59 Balloons"....one for each year of his life...all white...released to the heavens on the day he was buried.
I paint my emotions...trying to heal.
I sold this painting in September.

No comments: