Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Art Business Update 1

Things have really taken a 'turn' with my online
art business.
Unfortunately the turn isn't a good one either.

Suffice it to say that I should have known better
than to place all of my 'eggs in one basket'.
Since I can't control what site owners do or don't do...
it was rather foolish of me to have only one
'real' online shop and promote only that shop.

So...now, here I am, in what should be my
busiest time of year...
trying to grow 2 Brand New shops...
and it is more than a little time
consuming...
and somewhat 'disheartening'...

For the first time in 8 years...I've had to
try to find a job...
and that is no easy task.

Every place I've applied wants the application
submitted online...and thus far...I've only heard back from
one of the dozens upon dozens of places I've applied...
to tell me I wasn't qualified for their position.

I've done a lot of  'soul-searching' this past month
and...
I still haven't come to any firm decisions.

I really do NOT want to let my online art business go...
but the decision may not be mine.
Since I still have to pay my bills...
and they are beginning to pile up...
I may end up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

2 comments:

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Mrs. Katie!! I guess I am still 'reeling' somewhat from the changes Etsy made...unfortunately, it really affected my bottom line and has made me scramble a bit. I know I should have had contingency plans, since I was also affected when eBay did much the same thing, back in 2007...ah well...I'll just try to keep on keeping on...still nothing on the job front..perhaps I am just too old to be back beating the pavement:)

Audrey Frost said...

Your art is amazing. Please don't lose hope. You will find something that will help with the bills and before you know it, it'll work itself out. Always keep true to yourself - do what you have to, but don't give up on who you are as a person. Your art is such a beautiful expression of yourself. It deserves to be seen. <3 Brightest Blessings