Monday, January 26, 2009

The Orphan Art Act

I hadn't heard anything about the 'orphan art act' until recently. I guess I've been living under a rock for some time. I am only JUST now hearing about this bill and I am 'simply put', quite upset by this 'travesty'.

Here's a video...if you've been 'living under a rock' too...for more information.

And, a link to where you can find more information.

Orphan Works Opposition Headquarters.

If you create for a living...or even just for fun...don't stay silent on this one. I mean...what the hell!!! What's the point of creating if someone can just take what you've created and do whatever the hell they want to with it????

I can't believe I hadn't heard about this before now!! If you haven't heard either...spread the word...hopefully it's not too late!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


What about copyright laws? I thought this protects one's work. There's a fee. It use to be that as long as one had a circle c and your name that that alone was considered intent to copyright. It was legal although to go ahead and COPYRIGHT was the ideal. You can check it out online. www.copyright.gov It has always been there. I've used it.