Thursday, December 13, 2012

As the Year Draws to an End


It feels like 2012 just Flew by....
unfortunately...
more often than not...
every year is beginning to feel that way
as I find myself getting older.

Ah well...it is what it is...

I tried something 'different' this year...
get the funds needed for 
Steampunk Art Cards
and Jewelry.

I succeeded at reaching my goal...
spent the money on cards and jewelry supplies...
but
neither were the 'success' I thought they would be.
 
I am glad I 'went for it' though....
 
I also decided to 'go back to basics'
meaning
art designed especially for the 
'young and the young at heart'.
 
I have two shops dedicated to this...one on Etsy
and one on Artfire.
While neither shop has been even minimally successful...yet...
I do have hopes for both of them.

Why two shops...when neither are doing well?
Well...I rank higher in Google for my
search terms
with my Artfire Shop...
and Etsy tends to draw it's own crowd...
so I am hoping to gain exposure from both avenues.

I decided to go this route...when Etsy made the changes 
within their site
that have greatly impacted my

I know it's going to take a lot of work on my part
to make all of my shops successful
and so...in 2013..I guess I
have my work
cut out for me.




No comments: