Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Taking An Internet Break


I've been soooo busy with my Etsy Shop
holding 'Sales',
packing, shipping...
just trying to stay 'afloat'...
that I've totally neglected the Season...and the meaning
behind it.

Sooo....I'm taking an Internet break...for at least a week
maybe even until after Christmas.

I'll monitor my shop and emails a couple times every day...
but  since I tend to spend way too much time everyday on my computer
it leaves so little time for anything else.
Forget doing any decorating..baking...or gift making/shopping.

So, I need to pry myself away from my computer long enough
to do everything that needs to be done to have
a joyful Holiday Season.
 
I've run into similar problems the past few years...then...
before you know it, it's a day or two before Christmas and I'm scrambling around
trying to throw up some decorations...
doing my Shopping at the last minute...
baking a few goodies...
and it's not really that much fun or joyous.

So...I'm scheduling some blog posts...
some Etsy listings...
and taking a step back...
so that I don't run into the same last minute scramble.
This year I really do want to enjoy the Season.

It's a bit too easy to get a little too caught up with my online business...
and I want to take some time to reflect on how
I can spend more time with myself and my family
in the coming year...
I don't want my business to become so grueling that
I grow not to like it so much!



5 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Charlene, it's good to take some time out every so often otherwise we get burnt out and stop enjoying what we love. The holidays is the perfect time to to step back from the computer and enjoy all the wonder that this season brings.

Wishing you and your family an amazing Christmas. x

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

I totally agree. Take some time off. I usually "close" shop from Dec 20-Jan 2 every year so I can have some fun. This is the time of year to enjoy family and life.

Have a very merry Christmas!

The Words Crafter said...

I agree, too. Rest, refresh, enjoy your family.....

Merry Christmas!

BlacknickSculpture said...

Everyone needs a chance to recharge their creative batteries now and again.

I hope you enjoy the holiday time with your family.

And thank you for mentioning my ornaments! I appreciate it!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Good for you! Enjoy your holidays!!