Saturday, April 25, 2009

My First 'How-To' Article

Okay...this is my first "how to" article...
in quite some time
so...Please...bear with me...

It's about how to size
and print
an ACEO...
at least...how I size and print
my ACEO prints.



First....go into your picture program...
I've used Photo Impressions
AND
Photo-Shop
both....
since not everyone has PhotoShop.

Size your ACEO
to 250 ppi
for best quality print.
Ideally...if you CAN...I would advise that you
resize the print image
to 250 pixels by 350 pixels
AFTER
saving it at 250 ppi.. then.you won't have to do
much manual resizing
if any...

...I've provided an 8.5 x 11 template example
to show further
both ways that I do it.


If you are able to right click and save the above template
please go do so.
It should be sized at
816 pixels wide by 1056 pixels high
to get accurate ACEO prints.



This is how my ACEO looked
sized at 250 ppi...without resizing to 250 x 350 pixels..
it ended up at 625 pixels by 875 pixels.
I had to manually resize it
to fit inside one of the black boxes...
go to the corner of the pasted image
until you see the little <-> arrows
and then drag those until your
ACEO image is the correct size
to fit inside one of the black boxes on your template...
using your Paint program.
I've shown an example in the
image below.



My personal 'preference' is to
resize the 250 ppi ACEO image
to 250 x 350 and
just move those images
over the black boxes
for printing.

The following image is a 'side by side'
using the manually sized image
and the image
resized to 250 x 350.



Since I really do not like to waste fine art paper,
...it's pretty pricey....
I fill up every box with an
ACEO print and print an entire sheet of ACEO prints
....then I can just cut them out and
put them away
until they sell.

...hopefully this little 'how-to' didn't confuse anyone...
it's been a long time since I've done any
'how-to's'.

I am soooo open to any comments and
suggestions...
if anyone has an easier way to do this.
This is how I've been
doing it for a couple of years now...
and it is a little time consuming.





3 comments:

Whimsyfolkartist said...

Thank you so much for the time you put into this! I am getting my hubby to help out with this one since he is the photoshop brain. Would this work with gimp? Just luv ya! Carmen

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Yes it will work with GIMP. Good luck with this and...wishing you much success with your ACEOs!

Skellyton Art said...

I found your work on Etsy. Just wanted to tell you I love your paintings,They are magical!