Monday, March 30, 2009

Art For Cancer

ART for cancer on ImageKind



Some months ago, I signed up with Imagekind and offer several of my favorite CMZart prints through their services. One of my favorite features at Imagekind, is that you can order a print on gallery wrapped canvas, which makes it seem very much like the original. Or..you can order a print matted and framed. Very cool!

I recently joined a group..Art for Cancer...on Imagekind. This is a group of artists who donate a portion of their net sales, to help in the fight against cancer.

I totally believe in this cause...I went through it personally..and I know what the needs are..and how much these needs cost!

For this reason...I have chosen to donate 50% of the net sales...of ALL of the pieces I have listed there...(I PROMISE)...to Cancer Fund of America

I remember having to make choices between...paying the lite bill..or prescriptions..or the items no-one would ever consider (but cost a crap ton of money.)
It was already a stressful enough time...and while the people at the lite company, as well as those at the pharmacy, might 'sympathize' with your dilemma, but they still need their money!

Anyway....I will probably offer one or two of my Rustic Goth pieces, in the coming weeks, over on my CMZart Imagekind Shop....and 50% of all of my net sales will be sent to Cancer Fund of America on a quarterly basis, (net sales won't really be that much, so I'll send my donations quarterly, so they don't seem as pitiful.)

I'm also considering running one or two pieces, in my Etsy Shop, that I donate 50% of the net sales, to CFoA. I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile..maybe this will provide the 'push' I've been needing.

2 comments:

Dorit said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that it's fantastic to have you in the ART for cancer group and after reading your blog... hat off... I'm not sure If I could handle what you've been through.
All the best. Dorit

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I really do appreciate it! I can only say that if not for my children and grandchildren..and my art..I'm not sure I would have been able to handle.
I think it is wonderful that there is a group dedicated to "making cancer history"...I could not resist being part of such a group.