Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Lot Has Happened...





Oh my gosh...so much has happened in the past
few weeks.
After being 'displaced' for almost a week..
then having to wait for the cable to come out and
restore my internet...
I was JUST getting things back on track when...
my 16 year old Grandson showed up
with this little 'bundle of "joy"'.

He had mentioned that he wanted to get me a puppy...
'he didn't like to see me spending so much time alone'...
and I told him I'd first have to talk to my landlord...
(there's a 'no pets allowed' clause in my lease).

Well...I talked...the landlord said he'd "think" about it...
and after everything else happened...
I'd forgotten all about it.

Bless his heart...my grandson has been making payments on this puppy,
determined that I WAS going to have someone to keep me company...
what a wonderful child he is...I love him so much!!

And I am 'in love' with Skittles.
That's what I've named her!
And the name definitely fits her personality...
she has so much 'flavor':)
She's a mix of Yorkshire Terrier and Maltese.

Long story short..
I have introduced her to my landlord...
he just says,
"don't let her pee on the hardwood floors"...
otherwise I think he was rather 'smitten' as well.

And...if I thought I was busy before...

she doesn't give me too many minutes without being right underfoot..
she thinks I'm her 'mommy'.

5 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Toooo adorable!!! and you won't ever have to worry about shedding. She's hypoallergenic!!!

What a sweet grandson you have!!! That is sooo thoughtful!!!

Nuckin Futs Knitting Nerd said...

She's so cute!! Oh my gosh, what a sweet face! That was so nice of your grandson and its great your landlord is ok with it. :)

The Words Crafter said...

Oh my gosh!!! She's so cute I could just eat her up! One of my favorite co-workers has a Yorkie and yes, they have a lot of personality.

Skittles. That's perfect :) And yay for the landlord!!! You've wanted a pet for so long. Give that grandson a great big squeeze from me!

Kathryn Dyche said...

I don't know who's cuter, your grandson or the new pup. Enjoy, the new addition, I'm sure it will be great company for you.

Moon Art Design said...

that is so great!! Congrats!!! Wicked cute pup.