Thursday, October 28, 2010

Man in the Moon


I was reading an article on Etsy about
'telling a story'.
It concerned item descriptions...
and what makes an item 'unique'.
After giving it some thought...it occurred to me that,
while I intend for each work of art to 'tell it's own story'...
perhaps I should also include something about what
inspired me to create each piece.

So...I started with the

Someone commented on my Facebook page
about what I would do with a 
Lovecraft 'Cthulu' subject.

I really didn't know the subject...so I
looked it up in the wiki.

And..I 'accepted' the challenge.

While creating the piece...I thought about 
the demons and fears
most of us face during the course of our lifetimes...
and about 'embracing them' instead of running from them.

So..I guess there really is
'more to the story'
on every piece of art I created...
sometimes it's conscious and sometimes it's not...
but the 'story' unfolds all the same.

It's going to take me more time than I care to think about...
but I will be including those little 'stories'
in my descriptions 
(if I think it 'pertinent' to the piece)
Maybe I'll shoot for 4 or 5 every day until I get them all finished.
And..from time to time...I'll post a blog about
those that I would like to share with you all:)



3 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

I love her, she is so beautiful~~~~
I want to be one of your girls for Halloween!!!!

~The Mama Monster

Kathryn Dyche said...

This post made me think. I should probably include was inspires a piece in my descriptions too.

The Words Crafter said...

This is one of my favorites!!!! It's snowy, nighttime, stark, and beautiful. I love the peaceful loneliness in it. One of my favorite things to do is go outside at night in the snow (when we have it!) and just be....

I ordered this in a bookmark (I think) and can't wait for it to arrive. Including the thoughts and/or inspirations for the pieces is a brilliant idea!